Labels

Wednesday, December 30, 2009

New Year’s Resolution

New Year’s Resolution
What is the value of life?
“Christian” literally means "little Christ." Is taking so many things for granted Christlike?
There are so many things that are just handed to us that we don't even notice. Whether it is money, food, clothing, or shelter to name a few, we need to understand that all of this is God taking care of us.
The greatest Commandment God gave us was to treat one another as we would like to be treated.
We must ALWAYS be acting like “little Christ children.”
We are all guilty of complaining at the dinner table saying how this food is disgusting, or how we really wanted a ham sandwich not a turkey sandwich.
But we should really start examining our situation and be thankful for the abundance God has blessed us with.
We must be keeping Christ in our minds especially as this new year begins.
At the beginning of every New Year we always hear of people who are going to lose weight or watch what they eat or exercise more often. Do you ever hear of people saying that they want to become closer to God?

Or people saying they want to increase their prayer life?
we need to make a special resolution to be thankful and to make our lives Christ-filled and Godserving
In Psalm 136 it says," O Give thanks unto the Lord, for He is good! For His mercy endureth forever."
God's love will always be here for us unlike the material belongings we acquire in our lives.
We should not take life for granted.
When someone dies, it seems that there is always someone saying, “I wish I had been nicer to this person” or “I wish I would have done this with them before they died.”
We never know the hour in which God can come for a person, therefore we must always be treating others with the love that God shows us, which is unconditional
The ultimate resolution I think we should all make for the new year is to increase our prayer lives and be thankful for everything.

Every day try and discover something new that God has given you that you have never noticed before and thank Him for it.

We should also try and do our best not to ask for so many unneeded things this year. Sometimes the smallest thing we ask for is the greatest another can possess.

Try this year to be a more giving person instead of always thinking of what more you need.

Once you have Christ in your life, what more do you need? As Psalm 136 tells us, "His mercy endureth forever." Can you think of anything else in life that will last you forever? Christ is the One true light that will never fade.

I encourage each of you to learn from mistakes in the past and improve on them helping to increase your spiritual life.
May God's grace abundantly bless you in this new year and bring you closer to Him who is the Truth and the source of all unfading goodness.



Successful New Years Resolutions
http://www.bellaonline.com/articles/art54624.asp

We make resolutions at New Years because we innately want the next year to be better. The desire to be happy and to feel worthwhile is built into us. We want to succeed. Anything that we resolve to do that is life–changing, is very difficult. As the saying goes, “We are creatures of habit.” It takes more than good intentions to change a habit. It takes thought and planning. This year, take your resolutions, one at a time, and break them down into small steps that, when put together, will make them attainable and will change your life.
What do you want for your life?
Get a piece of paper and write down your goals. Under each one, write down what that goal means to you. Under each meaning, write the steps to achieving it.

Ask for help.
Prayer.
Your Heavenly Father, the One who created you, wants you to be successful. Thank Him for helping you achieve it.
Partner. Find a friend or someone who has your best interests in mind. Ask God to send you someone. Ask that person to hold you accountable. They will occasionally ask you how you are doing or will ask you every day or every week. They may have a goal in mind that you can help them with.
Sample Goals
Read my Bible more
I will read it every morning at 7 a. m.
I will start with the book of Matthew and read one chapter each day. (or a verse or ten verses – make it manageable)
If I miss a day I will pick it up the next day.
I will purchase a notebook to write down my thoughts about each day’s reading.
Lose weight
What causes me to gain weight?
The kind of food I’m eating?
Make a grocery list of the foods that I know are good for me
and stick to it when I’m at the grocery store. Buy ONLY the food
that will help me reach my goal
Fast food lunches? - Pack a lunch.
Between meal snacks? - Pick up snacks that are low in calories and that are healthy. Get bottled water and choose that before the snack.

Lack of exercise
Use the treadmill at 6 a.m. everyday. I will take a day off on Sunday.
I will park farther out in the parking lot in order to walk more.
I will use the stairs instead of the elevator whenever possible.

Help others

I will give monetarily to charitable organizations.
I will give $20 per week.
I will write the check every Friday.

Help an elderly neighbor

Mow George’s lawn, without being asked every Saturday at 10:00.
Visit Edith every time I’m on my way to the store to ask what she needs.

I will do this on Monday.
Visit Judith every week on Thursday for at least 20 minutes to chat.

Serving at a soup kitchen.
I will go on the third Friday of every month.

What are your goal for next year?

Make your list.

Put it in writing and post a copy on your refrigerator or your computer or your bathroom mirror or all of those places.

Review it often.

You want to be successful.

I want you to be successful.

Most importantly,

God wants you to be successful.

No comments:

Post a Comment